Your customers may ‘like’ your Facebook page but do they actually LOVE you? That’s such an overused word but I don’t mind. I use it for everything because like any consumer, I’m passionate about the products and services I spend my life with. How about you? Answer these questions to see if your customers are feeling the love too.
1. Does your company generate organic buzz?
What makes people want to share the word about your company?
2. Do you provide your consumers with a simple, compelling marketing message?
Make it easy to share your message by giving your customers the language to put to the experience.
3. How do you reward your customers?
Consumers want to feel special and valued.
4. Do you really, really know your target customer and where to reach them?
Where do your customers hang out online (and in person)? National organizations, community groups, high-profile blogs and online communities are important to your campaign.
5. Are you giving your customers a reason to keep coming back?
Your audience will naturally generate buzz if you give them a reason to talk about you, offer them a good laugh with a fun video, or touch their hearts through a program that gives back.
As a small business marketing consultant, I ask these questions of my clients every day. If you’re a small biz owner and you don’t know the answer, then it’s high time you started to hang out with your target peeps and get into their world to understand their perception of you and your competitors.
The real tell, of course is whether your business is growing or not. I still say ask the questions because no matter what, you should always know if somebody loves you.
- How to Identify an Online Community for Your Business (seomoz.org)
- Sound Advice from Entrepreneur Magazine (socialcarenews.wordpress.com)
- 5 Tips for Better Consumer Response on Social Media (business2community.com)